php.ini configure package

Hello,

I think debian isn't that good for webservers at the moments. The apache
packages are quite good in my eyes, at least apache-ssl (I don't know the
other), but there are no real standards at the moment.
One (IMO very good) example is the php include_path. some packages ask the
user to add /path/to/project_include/ into the php.ini. Then the files can be
included direct with include("filename.php"), but it's predictable that
conflicts follow (different packages, includefiles with the same name etc).
Other packages ask to add /path/to to the php.ini and then include files with
include("packages_name/filename.php"). I think that's a very better solution
because there can be no conflicts. Every packagename is only given one time,
so the includepath is always uniquely.

The best solution would IMO be a global includepath, standard in the
include_path at php.ini, like /usr/lib/php/, and packages are only allowed to
make subdirs like /usr/lib/php/package_name. Then there wouldn't be this
problem any longer with adding to php.ini and so on.

Also I would say that projects are only allowed to make subdirs in
/usr/lib/cgi-bin, not to place scripts direct there, like wdg-html-validator
does (/usr/lib/cgi-bin/validate.cgi).

something else:
What do you think about a debian php.ini configure package like
wwwconfig-common is for httpd.conf? I would start to write it if it's
suggestive in your eyes. But if there would be a great solution for the above
problem, maybe this project would be waste.

bye
 mejo

--
A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1...