Re: How to build source package?

> In Debian, there is no single file that corresponds with a .src.rpm.
> Source packages consist of multiple files.  The central one is the one
> with ".dsc" as the name; it contains all of the information to describe
> the other files needed.  These other files will be either a file with
> ".orig.tar.gz" and a file with ".diff.gz" at the ends of their names, or
> a single ".tar.gz" file.

Thanks.  I was beginning to suspect that my expectations of a
single file as a "source package" were the problem.  While
looking for something else, I just found one spot where that's
documented: /sur/share/doc/debian/source-unpack.txt.

>> Is a "source package" not a single file?
>
> Nope.  I'll cut out all the "extraneous" files from your ls, leaving the
> source package files:
>
>> -rw-r--r--    1 grante   500        196900 May  8 12:50 rocketats_1.23.orig.tar.gz
>> -rw-r--r--    1 grante   500           332 May 31 11:28 rocketats_1.23-1.dsc
>> -rw-r--r--    1 grante   500         16435 May 31 11:28 rocketats_1.23-1.diff.gz

Got it.

Thanks again.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Is it 1974? What's
                                  at               for SUPPER? Can I spend my