Re: SuSE, Caldera, Connectiva and TurboLinux to do a new distrib

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:04:00PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> This was mentioned on slashdot with a link to a eweek article.  The comment
> made there is each of these players is very strong in one region.  So they can
> work on a common core and reduce their costs while not fighting each other.
>
> This is really open source at the business level.

Too bad at least one of the companies involved hasn't the foggiest idea
what that means exactly...

But thanks for the reference at least, Erich..  Connectiva looked
interesting.  Not very much English localisation to be found in it, but
overall very nice for something using RPM.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>                This thing is an AI

<BenC> CosmicRay: you complete me
<BenC> err...
<CosmicRay> heh
* BenC goes back to coding
* elmo looks at benc
<elmo> something we should know about you and cosmicray, Ben? :)