Re: Bugs being closed faster than filed: Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 04:29:00PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:

> To go and great historical graphs, for each severity, would be rather
> complex, as it would require parsing the data out of the .log file.  I
> wish that file was an easier format to deal with.

> Maybe, if someone were insanely bored, ...

I wrote a Perl script which, among other things, attempts to extract useful
history information from the .log file and outputs SQL INSERT statements.
It understands merges, severity changes, addition of tags and bug closures.

And yes, it was a pain in the ass.

--
 - mdz