Re: command -v in postinsts violating policy

> I would file the bugs to change the script and not to change the interpreter.
> Maintainers can achive the same goal of 'command' with either 'type' or
> 'which'.

Sorry; I misspoke before.  `type' is not mandated by POSIX, and `which'
isn't even mentioned.

Specifically,

`command -v' is covered by User Portability Utilities
`type' is covered by X/Open System Interfaces Extension

`command -v' and `type' do not do exactly the same thing.