Re: Best Packaging Practices, act II

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:25:10AM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
> > * Packaging software which require a database (pg/mysql).
> >   - The software may require a database that you need to setup.
> >     But the database may be local or distant. Thus you can't depend
> >     on a database server but just on the corresponding library...
> >   - example: sympa ?
>
>   I'm currently working on exactly this problem, for Sourceforge too.
> The local database setup is done (and you can have a look at the
> package in Woody/Sid), the remote thingy will be done soon.

I see no problem for this: i use wwwconfig-common for phpgroupware and it
works fine. Debconf ask some question and wwwconfig does the rest.

It should be olmost completely rewritten after woody: I'd like it to use a
debhelper style interface (and i'll work on this to happen).

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have