Re: Wishlist for woody+1

> > - diff's for packages (well, there's apt-pupdate ;)

> here is mine wishlist:
> -is there a chance Packages, Sources and Release files to be rsync-able on
> apt-get update, because it is too much waste of bandwidth to download them
> over and over again just when one row were changed in those files.

[x] You did not read the page at the URL i posted.
s/packages/Packages/ in the line of my previous posting above...
rsync creates to much server load for this, there are much easier,
compatible and faster ways of doing this...

> -successfuly rebuildable source packages with build-depends within a
> distribution (friends: auto-apt, dpkg-checkbuilddeps). A way for users to

well, there were so many solved FTBFS errors that this should work...

> pass -march and -O to each source package independently or globally for all,
> otherwise use the defaults, provided by debian/rules file.

Globally will not work. Certain packages will not work with certain
optimization levels (on certain archs... ;).
So i guess that there should just be some env-variables set for this,
and the debian/rules should if possible interprete these variables.
Maybe the best way to achieve this is adding some debhelper tool ;)

Gruss,
Erich Schubert

--
erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.