Re: Granual release proposal

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 08:23:07PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> I do not speak about *now*. All this is for post-woody.
>
> > distributions: unstable, testing and stable. Dividing Debian into
> > sections that number will increase. Suppose some package not belonging
>
> So you still do not undestand. The only additional distributions I want
> is "working". Sections are merged into main stable when they have been
> tested within the section and the compatibility with other stable
> sections have been tested in "working". There would not be dozens of
> "stable" distributions with different components, only one stable going
> through subreleases.

Why not wait to see whether testing really works, and only make carefully-
considered tweaks to it in the meantime. Don't forget that testing has
started from unstable this time round. Next time it starts from stable.

One thing at a time. Patience is a virtue.

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
A day for firm decisions!!!!!  Or is it?