Re: where do NEW packages go?

Branden Robinson wrote to Manoj Srivastava:
> Would you or would you not exercise veto power over a proposal to
> deprecate or eliminate /usr/X11R6 in woody + 1?

People who update the policy documents according to approved proposals
as tracked by the BTS do not have more or less "veto power" over
policy proposals than any other Debian developer. They just happen to
do the administrative work of applying patches, uploading the package, etc.

If Manoj objects to such a proposal (and I would like this not to
happen, btw), he would do it on behalf of himself as a developer, not
as a policy editor.