Re: Alternative build systems (was: Best Packaging Practices, act II)

On Fri, 24 May 2002 14:40:08 +0200
Stefan Schwandter <e9925373@student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> How do such build systems deal with auto-generated files? If I want to
> patch a configure.in for example _during_ the build, I need a build-dep
> on autoconf because I need the run it to get the changes into the
> configure script.
>
> I thought there once was a (sort of) consensus that build-dep's on
> autotools are undesireable (it was when automake 1.5 came out)?

There was no such consensus. People just avoided what
broke.

There are newer packages with build-deps on autotools.
It would be nice to document how to handle such cases.

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer