Re: Best Packaging Practices, act II

Junichi Uekawa (2002-05-24 20:01:55 +0900) :

> On Fri, 24 May 2002 11:25:10 +0200
> Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> I can provide examples for a Debconf-style sort-of-ucf-like.  I'm
>> not sure they are good examples for Best Packaging Practices, since
>> they involve slightly awkward Debconf interactions in files other
>> than .config and .postinst (namely, .prerm).  (But that's not
>> forbidden, is it?)
[...]
> Pre-Depends on debconf ?

Um.  Why should it?  I'm only using debconf calls in .config,
.postinst and .prerm.  It's not mentioned in debconf-devel(1) that I
should pre-depend on Debconf for anything.  Since my package already
depends on Debconf, it should be a safe bet that Debconf is (still)
installed when my .prerm script is run, shouldn't it?

Roland,
confused.
--
Roland Mas

If you spit in the air, it lands in your face.
  -- Tevye, in Fiddler on the roof