Re: CPU specific/optimized Debian builds ?

Roger Leigh <rl117@york.ac.uk> immo vero scripsit:

> > I am already doing it.
>
> Great!  During my time trying, I certainly found and reported quite a lot
> of bugs just by hand-building the packages.  This even included fairly
> common shared libraries determining their shlibs files from the
> _installed_ version of the library, so you had to build, install and
> rebuild to get a valid package!  I'm sure that your efforts doing this
> will improve Debian greatly.

That is pretty interesting to know.
I believe that's caused by calling dpkg-shlibdeps without
setting the appropriate LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Anyway, you can (sort of) see my progress at
bugs.debian.org/from:dancer@netfort.gr.jp

All my bugs with build problems start with "FTBFS:"
to make them stand out.
There is quite a lot of them, about 200 open right now,
and quite many of them have patches.
But I haven't gotten around to sending patches to all yet.

There are many unresponsive maintainers, which some of
them I took the liberty of doing an NMU. But I can't just
fix everything by doing an NMU on every package...

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4