Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

Emile van Bergen <emile-deb@evbergen.xs4all.nl> writes:

> You're reasoning based on authority *again*. Why? Nobody is telling
> anybody to do anything.

I think it's the right design decision for the Hurd.  So, in fact, do
all the other Hurd developers that have said anything on the subject.

> However, the FHS itself does not currently define such criteria AFAIK,
> and I assume the people in charge of it are wise enough to consider any
> *good* suggestion for "good general criteria", whether originated by
> Thomas Bushnell, BSG, or J. Random Hacker, yours truly, or a collection
> of people who happened to be on debian-hurd and debian-devel at a
> particular moment in time.

I think the FHS would be making a serious mistake if it decided to
establish "good general criteria".  I can see no useful value that
such criteria would serve.