Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

Lars Weber <me@lars.in-berlin.de> writes:

> Is this also true for passive translators?  Do they also not store the
> path to the translator executable (as I've thought until now) but a direct
> reference to the file instead?  If so, what would happen if the translator
> is replaced by a newer version for example?

They store a string which is a complete command line for the
translating program, not a direct reference to the file.  If the
program is replaced by a new version, then the next time it starts,
you get the new version; nothing automatically takes care of things
already running the old version.

Think inetd--the basic structure is very similar.