Re: Open Antivirus Update script

Dear Brian,

Yes I will take over the packaging of it.  The script I have mentioned
is almost finished. I have it verifying the credo signatures!  I just
have to rehash the unpacking a little to add definitions for site
signatures, and repacking for ScannerDaemon running via kaffe (got this
going).

Kurt has sent me an email with stuff needed to get ScannerDaemon
compiling with jikes, and I believe gcj will also come out in hte wash
with this as well.

Once the update script is packaged, I am uploading straight into main.

Got to go for a walk now. Will write a proposal for Debian Virus stuff
discussing stuff like security when I am back from my walk.

Best Regards,

Matthew Grant

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 11:14, Brian May wrote:
    On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 22:10, Matthew Grant wrote:
    > This is intended to form the standard basis of the OAV virus database
    > support needed by CLamAV and ScannerDaemon in Debian.  It will be
    > packaged as oav-virussignatures, and an initial virus database will be
    > included.

    If you want, you can take over packaging of my virussignatures
    package...

    (it doesn't sound like there will be much point in keeping it
    anymore...)
    --
    Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>

Matthew Grant	     /\	 ^/\^	grantma@anathoth.gen.nz      /~~~~\