Re: where do NEW packages go?

On 19 May 2002 14:18:16 -0700
tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) wrote:

> Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Yes. I think if there's any discrimination it's from certain hurd
> > people who know that hurd is the One True Way and linux is this
> > useless upstart that must be stamped out.
>
> Has *anyone* said such a thing?  I certainly hope not.

Unfortunately, -yes-, I have spoken to an individual who has
frequented #hurd, and what he's said is actually worse:

  - that linux competes with hurd for developers (successfully too,
      else the Hurd would actually be fast by now)
  - that Linus is evil (yes, sic, evil) for creating an OS to compete
      with the Hurd rather than add developer support for it.

-Jim