Re: where do NEW packages go?

* Jeroen Dekkers

| On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 12:27:59PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
| > On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 02:11:33AM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
| > > The Debian GNU/Hurd people are waiting weeks for dpkg and libc0.3 to
| > > go into the archive. Somehow the ftp-masters think they know more
| > > about the Hurd than the Debian GNU/Hurd people and think that they
| > > should make the decision whether the new ABI is okay.
| >
| > How exactly did you come to that conclusion? From what I gather, you're
| > merely waiting for it to be allowed in. It is _far_ more likely that this is
| > because no ftpmaster has gotten around to editing the override file or some
| > such, not because they want to screw up your work or anything like that.
|
| No time for *3 weeks*? If they are that busy, they should let other
| people do it. That won't happen, because they are afraid to lose
| power. This is only bureaucracy nonsense I can't work with.

So?  I have cfengine2 waiting in incoming for about a month.  Of
course I'd like to get it in, but I don't see it as «ftp-master is
against cfengine and doesn't want it to succeed», why would I?  They
are busy with c-i-m and getting woody out the door.

| Oh, and they really screw up the Hurd port, the last status mail I've
| seen was "we are currently stalling and waiting for GCC 3.1 and the
| acceptance of libc0.3 and dpkg." GCC 3.1 is already released, but we
| are still waiting for the cabals. But I am wasting my time anyhow,
| because Debian doesn't care about the Hurd port being screwed up.

do you realize that you look paranoid when writing stuff like the
above?

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-