Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 10:38:57PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> was heard to say:
> Anyhow, I'm just get told on #debian-devel that the Hurd should be
> ported to Debian instead and Debian shouldn't change. They say policy
> is more important than ABI compatibility with existing systems. I wish
> the BSD people a lot of luck, I'm happy to be out of here.

  You didn't answer me on IRC and maybe you won't see this message, but:

  What existing Hurd distributions might Debian GNU/Hurd be incompatible
with, and what causes the incompatibility?  As far as I know there is no
real usable Hurd system apart from Debian.

  Daniel

|                  Fate always wins...                                        |
|                  at least, when people stick to the rules.                  |
|                    -- Terry Pratchett, _Interesting Times_                  |
\-- Does your computer have Super Cow Powers? ------- http://www.debian.org --/