Re: Work-needing packages report for May 17, 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 05:45:56PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2002, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > I think svgalib has had its day.  And since there's an svgalib backend
> > for libsdl, it will still be possible to play these games under
> > svgalib as long as it is supported.
>
> So you're suggesting we should stop supporting svgalib, and the SDL
> svgalib-backend which then will disappear since there's no svgalib
> anymore?

Yes, but only as step 2.  Step 1 would be to port all the current
svgalib programs to SDL (or similar).

I mentioned that SDL has a svgalib backend, in order to point out
that this porting activity will cost no functionality as long as
we still support svgalib.  Only the actual decision to drop svgalib
would do that.

Richard Braakman