Re: what created /.memdump ?

I found .memdump in my root directory too.

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 09:34:51PM -0400, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> I have no idea how to track down in retrospect which package did
> this, and I didn't get any search hits or google or the Debian lists
> search.  Does anyone recognize the problem?  If not, maybe we can
> keep an eye out for it on future upgrades.

Since there are only a handful of packages that need to modify the
root directory, I made it immutable with chattr +i. With the immutable
flag set, not even root processes can alter the root
directory. Packages that try to create things in the root directory
will fail, and bug reports can be filed as appropriate.