Re: Woody / Stable

* Petr Vanek <vanous@penguin.cz> [2002-05-17 04:10]:
> i am sorry to say, but debian is loosing a lot because of this approach.

 Which approach?  Releasing a ready distribution than rather one that we
can't really support in the current state?  I guess debian would be
loosing much more if it does as you sugguest.

> well, i know, that www.debian.org did not bring any info about plan
> to release on 1st may, but another servers did so and now nobody
> knows anything and it looks like you guys gave up ...;-(

 It's funny that those servers seem to be able to pick up the info about
the estimated release on 1st may from debian-devel-announce but doesn't
seem to be able to pick up the info about why the delay is neccesary
from the very *same* spot.  Sorry, blame to those sites not doing their
job correct, not to the debian project.  The info about it *is*
available at the same place as the estimated release time was made
available.

> and if you get a dozen of questions about it every day, why don't you
> just put _one_word_ on www.debian.org? people wouldn't be so upset...

 It is there, on <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/> --
right beside where the estimated release date was posted.

> you do a great job in coding, try to do the same in public relation...

 If other public relation sites are not doing their job correct we can't
force them into doing it correct.  Please blame to them.

 Just my thought.  Btw., why the heck is this on debian-devel?  I can't
really see the connection to devel in this thread.

 So long!
Alfie
--
I'd rather listen to Newton than to Mundie. He may have been dead for almost
three hundred years, but despite that he stinks up the room less.