Re: httpd on install cd

Le Wed, May 15, 2002, à 12:58:00PM -0700, Adam McKenna a écrit:

> Couldn't this be done in Perl or Python?  I've heard of people writing mail
> servers in perl, a webserver is probably much easier.

Python includes a fairly sufficient http server (SimpleHTTPServer.py) in the
base distribution.

However, the interpreter isn't exactly cheap, in terms of space... then
multiply by the number of architectures (you might be able to cheat by using
Jython on all architectures with a capable enough JVM shipped by default,
though).

I guess the same happens with perl..

	-- Cyrille

--