Re: Curious: regarding quota control in linux, is it mature? can it be done?

In article <[🔎] Pine.SOL.3.96.1020515145656.20463C-100000@mfcf.math.uwaterloo.ca>,
Walter Tautz  <wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>I am curious to know why there are two quota.h
>files in libc-dev:
>
>/usr/include/linux/quota.h --- this is described
>                               at the top as
>							    This just represents the non-kernel parts of <linux/quota.h>.
>
>/usr/include/sys/quota.h --- this is presumably the kernel interface?

Easy. You're not supposed to use files under /usr/include/linux or
/usr/include/asm from user level programs, so forget about that.

>what is the difference between these?

The linux/quota.h is an internal glibc/kernel thing you are not
supposed to use.

Mike.
--
"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
  - R.D. Lang