Curious: regarding quota control in linux, is it mature? can it be done?

I am curious to know why there are two quota.h
files in libc-dev:

/usr/include/linux/quota.h --- this is described
                               at the top as
							    This just represents the non-kernel parts of <linux/quota.h>.

/usr/include/sys/quota.h --- this is presumably the kernel interface?

what is the difference between these? Alot of the code looks similar
including some of the key data structures...and yet neither includes
the other.

If one looks at the man page of quotactl it says to use sys/quota.h
so I guess that is what one should do... but it still begs the question
of why more than one header file, especially since they don't seem to
know about each other. I'm not really a developer but I am curious
if there is an explanation. Thanks...

============== details and examples============

from /usr/include/linux/quota.h:

struct dqblk {
    __u32 dqb_bhardlimit;   /* absolute limit on disk blks alloc */
	__u32 dqb_bsoftlimit;   /* preferred limit on disk blks */
	__u32 dqb_curblocks;    /* current block count */
	__u32 dqb_ihardlimit;   /* absolute limit on allocated inodes */
	__u32 dqb_isoftlimit;   /* preferred inode limit */
	__u32 dqb_curinodes;    /* current # allocated inodes */
	time_t dqb_btime;       /* time limit for excessive disk use */
    time_t dqb_itime;       /* time limit for excessive inode use */
};

from /usr/include/sys/quota.h:

struct dqblk
  {
      u_int32_t dqb_bhardlimit;   /* absolute limit on disk blks alloc */
      u_int32_t dqb_bsoftlimit;   /* preferred limit on disk blks */
     u_int32_t dqb_curblocks;    /* current block count */
     u_int32_t dqb_ihardlimit;   /* maximum # allocated inodes */
     u_int32_t dqb_isoftlimit;   /* preferred inode limit */
     u_int32_t dqb_curinodes;    /* current # allocated inodes */
     time_t dqb_btime;       /* time limit for excessive disk use */
     time_t dqb_itime;       /* time limit for excessive files */
};