Re: libpng conflict?

This is a really big mess, which extends far beyond just libpng. Imho
switching everything to use libpng3 in sid is probably the best
solution overall but it is still a pita.  KDE3 is going to use
libpng3 and has been compiled against it, but at least one KDE app uses
imlib which needs: 1. all of kde to be compiled against libpng2 2. needs
a libpng3 version of imlib1 or 3. the app will not be able to be built.
For everything to work properly in general will require 1. everything to
be built against old libs indefinitely or 2. rebuild all needed packages
when new libraries come out...  Out of the two options 2. sounds like the
best option to me.

Chris Cheney