Re: RMS' girlfriend

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:58:52AM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> Well, I don't know how well, or for how long, you know Richard.
>
> A good many of us hold some admiration, respect, or even affection for
> RMS. At the same time being conscious that like all humans, he has
> his limitations. Geeks sometimes have trouble getting along in the
> world. RMS is an uber-geek and has come in for a good deal of pain.
> It is nice to see that he is doing better now.

I think people were picking up on a tone of incredulity from your
message, which may not actually have been there, but was instead
projected upon it by the reader.  Perhaps people's willingness to
believe that RMS can have a successful relationship is correlated with
their own level of romantic success. :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You don't just decide to break
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Kubrick's code of silence and then