Re: pc105 keyboard and X

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:43:49AM -0700, elf@buici.com wrote:
> I've installed woody on a couple of computers and found that using ALT
> as Meta doesn't work anymore.  I deduced that the problem was using
> pc105 as the kayboard layout instead of pc101.  Does anyone know what
> a pc105 keyboard is?  I'm not finding it in the documentation.

German keyboard (including special keys for umlauts) with
windows-keys. 105 keys total.
http://www.cherrycorp.com/products/DE/images/produkt/tastatur/tt_20.jpg

> Additionally, I wonder where this change occured.  Is it a change in
> the questions asked users configuring their X server?  It is a change
> in a default somewhere?

It has been default since XFree 3.3.something (iirc at least two
years) to use the left windows key (in between <Crtl_L> and <Alt>) as
Meta on pc105.
             cu andreas