Re: Package Management System

David Roundy wrote:

I would suggest a different (and maybe, hopefully simpler) way of dealing
with the issue.  I also have no idea how hard it would be to implement.  My
idea would be adding in a separate field "Suggested By" (it would need a
better name), and put the information in the package that wants to be

Even if this solution seems simpler, i think this extra metadata sould
be kept separately from packages containing real software, because it
would simplify administration problems. Also, since some people already
think there is too much metadata in the DPMS, enabling them just *not*
to download it would be great.

JC