Re: possible mass-filing of bugs: many shared library packages contain binaries in usr/bin

On Sunday, May 12, 2002, at 09:39 , Josip Rodin wrote:

Except that you lose the functionality if /var happens not to be mounted.

My point was that it wouldn't actually break anything, just you'd lose that optimization. I doubt X runs at all without /var, and if it did, adding X libs to LD_LIBRARY_PATH would fix it.

You fight the battle, anyway :)

OK. Wonder why no one else has responded to this thread. Maybe I should try again on -devel with a better subject.