Re: Editor Priorities

Hi,

At Thu, 09 May 2002 16:34:56 +0900,
Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:

> > software packages just because they are multilingual.  You want a
> > multi-lingual text editor?  Choose one out of the many packages available.
> > Don't want to?  Get someone to choose the appropriate one, and make it part
> > of a task package.
>
> I am afraid that you might be misunderstanding.  Multilingual softwares
> can also support English and other European languages.  These softwares
> never give any disadvantage to European people.

Then I will add a new term:

 * 8bit clean (+20)

for European languages, though I don't know editors which don't
meet this condition.  Is it enough for you?

Indeed, LC_CTYPE sensibility (I gave +30) is useful also for Russian,
Greek, Polish, and other non-ISO-8859-1 people, not only non-European-
language speakers.  (Recently some of previously-ISO-8859-1 countries
(like France and German) started to use ISO-8859-15, so LC_CTYPE
sensibility is useful for more people, though not _mandatory_ feature
for them.)

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/