Re: 2.4.18 File System Corruption

At 11:55 pm, Sunday, May  5 2002, Adam Warner mumbled:
> kernel: hde: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
> kernel: hde: drive not ready for command
> kernel: hde: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
> kernel: hde: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
> kernel: hde: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
> kernel: hde: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
> kernel: hde: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
> kernel: hde: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
> kernel: ide2: reset: success
> kernel: hde: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
> kernel: hde: drive not ready for command
> kernel: hde: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
> kernel: hde: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
> kernel: hde: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
> kernel: hde: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
> kernel: hde: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
>
> After forcing a file system check I find that the partitions are
> massively corrupt.

And they are IDE errors. IE: The drive is slowly but surely dying.
If the kernel is having to keep reseting the IDE bus to get the drive to
listen, and it still isn't ready for a command, means that something is, or
has broken.

--
                                           Steve
If you can read this, I've lost my .signature.