Re: New Package Maintainer

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 07:43:53PM +0200, Sebastian Urbach wrote:
> I just want to say hello to the whole list because i want to become a
> package maintainer for StegFS which is a Steganographic File System
> (http://www.mcdonald.org.uk/StegFS/). In this context i want to ask if
> someone of you already develope StegFS ?

It doesn't appear so, but if that page is accurate, upstream looks dead.
Brian Russo filed an RFP for stegfs early last year
(http://bugs.debian.org/85448) and in that request, Brian said it was "still
in early devel".  Well, it is now over a year later, and it doesn't look
like the package has been updated at all.  This casts a shadow on the future
of this package, so think before you package it if you want to assume
responsibility for fixing all of the bugs by yourself if upstream is indeed
dead.

Ben