Re: I've just found an infinite loop in the Woody bf2.4 1.44MB install disks!

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 23:16, Adam Warner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> These are the install disks that I downloaded tonight:
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/bf2.4/
>
> I did a standard install (just hit Enter at the rescue floppy).
>
> Everything was fine until I also decided to install a user.
>
> I then got asked this series of questions again (with my responses):
>
> 1. Is hardware clock set to GMT? (No).
> 2. Area? (Pacific Ocean)
> 3. City? (Auckland)
> 4. MD5 Passwords? (Yes)
> 5. Shadow Passwords (Yes).
>
> Then a brief message flashes by:
>
> Then return to 1. Infinitely.

I have discovered that the infinite loop is also in the 3 March 2002
bf2.4 install disks. I had previously used these disks successfully so I
am unsure what is causing it this time.

I have tried a number of different combinations all without success. No
user account. No separate home partition. en-US language+US keyboard
instead of en-UK language+US keyboard.

Regards,
Adam