Re: BTS improvements (was: Re: 88 Priority violations in woody

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 03:19:40PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> It bothers me that the severity of a bug can not be maintained during the
> release process.  Bug severities are downgraded to make the release happen,
> and then upgraded afterwards (for example, this happens with architecture
> specific bugs, depending on if the architecture is released or not).
[...]
> This is one area were we are personally fighting a lot, although there are
> very simple technical improvements possible that make it possible that
> everybody gets his way and stays out of the way of everybody else.

Indeed.  See:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=143825&repeatmerged=yes

and

http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2002/debian-ctte-200204/msg00010.html

(and the ensuing discussion thread).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The only way to get rid of a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       temptation is to yield to it.