Re: draft release announcement

On Sat, 2002-04-27 at 16:06, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 02:39:17PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > The Debian Project is pleased to announce the latest release of the
> > Debian GNU/Linux Operating System. Debian GNU/Linux is a free Linux
>          ^^^^^^^^^                          ^^^^^^^^^           ^^^^^
> > system.

Actually I think the second sentence should just be dropped.  It sounds
weird either way, and doesn't really add any useful information.
Everyone already knows it's based on GNU and Linux, since, well it's
called Debian GNU/Linux.

 It is developed by nearly a thousand volunteers from all over
> > the world who collaborate via the Internet. Debian's dedication to
> > free software, its non-profit nature, and its open development model
> > make it unique among Linux distributions.
> 		       ^^^^^
> It should be "GNU/Linux system" and "GNU/Linux distributions".

or just say "among free operating systems".