Re: The current NM process impairs Debian quality

* Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> [020424 06:44]:
> against people getting their Debian account too fast. The sponsor should
> ensure a minimum level of quality of the packages he sponsors. After

Skills check/id check/knowledge check should be the barrier, IMO. This
whole find someone to upload packages thing is completly bogus and
ignores the fact that RC bugs do a good enough job preventing utter
tripe from being released.  As has been mentioned by other DD's, there
is a worry about the amount of work to now become a DD and that we might
be actually turning off very skilled people by making them deal with a
potentially broken process.

Those of who feel that unstable should be kept 'stable' (Not necessarily
you, Adrian) really need to think about how that might hinder
development, testing, and release cycles.  I don't think thats a
majority, though.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/