Re: Why XFree86 4.2 Isn't in Woody

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 04:44:31PM +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> > Seems that 4.1.0-16 fixed at last the old problem with garbage-on-screen
> > in kicker and in nedit scrollbars on r128 card.
>
> Oh no, the bug is still there :-(. But not as often as before :-).
> Anyway, it is not really harmful.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but I wouldn't have expected a bug
like this to be fixed by -16.  The only patches to a video driver in -16
were some fixes to the video mode validation code in the r128 driver.

If you're experiencing screen corruption, you want to experiment with
the various "XaaNo" options as documented in XF86Config-4(5).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Any man who does not realize that
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    he is half an animal is only half a