Re: PostgreSQL update_excuses

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 10:44:21AM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 09:49, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html#postgresql :
> > * postgresql (7.1.3-7 to 7.2.1-2)
> >     * Maintainer: Oliver Elphick
> >     * 12 days old (needed 5 days)
> >     * Valid candidate
> > There is no link to programs it depends from which might be buggy.
> > Seams I do not really understand update_excuses ...
> The problem is that there are still packages in testing that depend on
> libpgsql2.1.

No, the problem is that there are still packages in *unstable* that depend
on libpgsql2.1; most have already been NMUed, but some of those NMUs
didn't work and the packages remain broken on some architectures. If
you look through update_excuses for things that say "Depends: <foo>
postgresql" you'll find lots of examples.

Renaming packages -- even renaming them back -- is bad, mmkay?

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif