Re: mail bypass spamassassin

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 08:07:10PM -0400, Duncan Findlay wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 06:52:10PM -0400, christophe barbé wrote:
> > I got a mail with sample.exe (2.4MB) attachment. This mail has not been
> > scanned by spamassassin. I don't understand why. I use a procmail rule
> > as below :
>
> spamassassin, by default, does not check messages larger than 250k. Messages
> larger than 250k take way too long to scan because of the regexps used, and
> large messages are rarely spam.
>
> --
> Duncan Findlay

First my apologies because this message was intended for debian-users
where it would have been less OT.

Now Thanks for your replies (Colin too).

I was aware of -f (I put it voluntarily) I hope it is not the reason and
I will write a script to know how much mails have been ignored by
spamassassin. I guess I noticed this one was not scanned by spamassassin
because it obviously should have been tagged as spam, so perhaps this is
something that happen regularly.

I was not aware of this 250k limit. I would have expected spamassassin
to check at least the header in this case. I looks enough to detect it
as a spam.

I am so used of the spamassasssin efficiency ...

Christophe

A qui sait comprendre, peu de mots suffisent.
(Intelligenti pauca.)