Re: Release cycle information?...

Good day Baz,

> > I am researching the Debian release cycle.
> > Where can I find information about how long time there should be
> > between a Stable release and the next Testing freeze?
> > I have searched the Debian web site and the mailings lists, but I
> > have not found any such information.
>
> The reason you can't find anything is probably that there isn't any
> policy about this. Debian releases a new version when it's ready.
> There's currently no release schedule with fixed dates.

Thank you. :o)
I know, but I am not asking about setting release dates.
I am asking if there is a policy about the length of the period
between a Stable release and the next freeze.

> BTW: the debian-policy mailing list is meant for discussions about
> new debian policy. Your question is probably more on topic on the
> debian-devel mailing list.

I post to policy because I believe it is not a development question,
but rather a policy question. Like the two-week testing cycle is a
policy about how to manage testing.
I thought that since policy discusses policies, this list might be
the proper place for a policy question.

Am I wrong?

Best regards
Johnny Ernst Nielsen :o)