Home Networking

I'm trying to set up my Debian machine as a gateway to the outside network,
with (for now) one windows machine going through it via a hub (Linksys
router). I've followed instructions for both Debian and Redhat to set it up,
but after I followed all the instructions, restart networking on Linux and
restart the machine on windows (both with dhcp and assigned address), I get
no ping from windows to the linux IP. Is there somebody who can help me out
with this, to find out where my problem is? I'll send files or whatever
other information there is, just name it if you can help. I want to make it
clear that I tried for a few days with no success, and am now making a plea
to the Debian community.

Jon Eisenstein
jeisen@mindspring.com