Re: upload rejected: md5sum for .orig.tar.gz doesn't match .dsc

This happened to me on my first upload of libgmp3_4.0.1. At first I
thought it was a breakage caused by this library, but eventually resolved
the problem by upgrading ssh. (I use scp to do uploads to auric)

The tarball was being corrupted by ssh during the transfer.

HTH,

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Daniel Kobras wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 10:37:35AM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote:
> > Your package upload (cl-imho, manpages-de, tiger) was rejected due to a
> > mismatch in the original source md5sum.  I saw this in
> > auric:/org/ftp.debian.org/incoming/REJECT/*.reason .  The package I
> > maintain (lire) was rejected for the same reason.  I have absolutely no
> > idea how this was caused, or how to fix it.
>
> Most likely this is caused by different timestamps in the tarballs. It
> happens to me occasionally when I cvs-buildpackage on a machine where
> the .orig.tar.gz is not present and thus rebuilt from a new CVS checkout.
> Just apt-get source the tarball from the archive and dpkg-buildpackage
> with it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel.
>

> --

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-