Re: Python module for debconf

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
>> 	Emacs doesn't do runtime byte compilation. Debian emacs add on
>>  modules to install time bye compilation, which is not run time.  Any
>>  reason you think byte compilation ought not to happen on
>>  installation? (slowing down the install is one reason, I guess, but
>>  the benefits of delayed byte compilation outweigh that, IMHO).
>
> The byte compilation should be done when the package is built, not at runtime,
> not at install time.

  We have already discussed this. Shipping a unique package for several
  Python flavours is better for the user and better for the maintainer,
  be cause in any case, there is only one package to take care of.
  Byte compilation is not mandatory for python. It just speed things up.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://marant.org