Re: Please see the GNU FDL discussion on debian-legal

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 08:22:07PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> indeed, I would not like to see people modifying my points of view and
> redistributing saying that's what I think, you see

So if I rewrite charsets (7) (which I'm considering), I should make sure
that it's under an invariant license so that nobody can say I think
ISO-2022-INT is a good idea? (Believe me, there's as much heat on that
subject as there is on many other religious issue in computing.) Even if
I were to do so, it still wouldn't stop anyone from writing other
documents and putting my name on them, or claiming that I support
something I don't in other documents.

If you don't want people putting words in your mouth in some POV piece,
just put on the bottom "I'd prefer you didn't modify this, and if you
do, please clearly seperate your opinion from what I wrote. Thanks."

> > What you're advocating is the evil twin of censorship, namely forced speech.
>
> I can't see why... are you forced to package anything?

So I can't package something because there's something I need to change
(to make it Debian quality, for example) that I can't. That's very free.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.