Re: Please see the GNU FDL discussion on debian-legal

Em Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:26:39 +0300, Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> escreveu:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 10:02:47PM -0400, Thomas Hood wrote:
> > While I don't regard the DFSG as already applying to
> > documentation, the spirit of it is naturally extended to cover
> > documentation.  I would suggest that the GFDL is a reasonable
> > license to use for free documentation --- free as in 'free
> > to use and modify', but also free as in 'free speech'.
>
> If the GFDL were a "free to use and modify" license, then we would not
> be having this discussion.  The problem is that the GFDL specifies
> parts that we are _not_ free to modify, or even to delete.

indeed, I would not like to see people modifying my points of view and
redistributing saying that's what I think, you see

> > Several people said that they didn't want Debian
> > documentation to be full of political rants.  They would
> > like to reserve the right to delete the parts they don't
> > like from the manuals they package.  But what is this but
> > censorship?  And how is censorship compatible with liberty?
>
> What you're advocating is the evil twin of censorship, namely forced speech.

I can't see why... are you forced to package anything?

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>