Re: Debian's problems, Debian's future

hello

we sould stop this and start after woody again...

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 08:17:46PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200111/msg01303.html
> > >
> > > (I use apt-pupdate all the time now, it works for me (tm))
> > >
> > Sorry, diffs are simply silly! Use rsync with the uncompressed Packages
> > file and diffs aren't necessary. Or use a packer which doesn't hinder
> > rsync from saving (gzip --rsyncable).
>
> This isn't server friendly.

no. sorry. I must say this:

 We can use rsync on the client site.
  -> get a rsync-checksum file (use a fix block size)
  -> make the check on the client site and
  -> download the file partly per ftp/http
  -> make the new file with the old and downloaded parts

With this the server need only extra rsync-checksum files.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Wenn man sich naeher mit Linux beschaeftigt, wird man nie versuchen,