apt-update via patches

Hi all,

I've written a prototype of some code to update Packages.gz files using
diffs instead of downloading a whole new file each time. It's experimental
at the moment, but it seems to work.
The diffs are currently being generated in my public_html dir on auric.
As such, non-US is not catered for.

The package is apt-pupdate:

http://people.debian.org/~bjb/apt-pupdate_0.5_i386.deb

The plan is that once this seems stable someone (maybe me) will recode and
merge the ideas into apt, and the server side diff generation stuff into
katie (or whatever).
For the time being though, check this out if you have time.

Cheers,
Ben

--
+-----Ben Bell - "A song, a perl script and the occasional silly sig.-----+