Re: g++-3.0 library support?

Am Son, 2002-04-07 um 21.35 schrieb Matthias Klose:
> King "Leo (Martin Oberzalek)" writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > it's not possible linking a C++ library compiled with g++-2.9x to a C++
> > application compiled with g++-3.0.
> >
> > We all no the reasons...
> >
> > My question is how I should handle this, on debian distributions that
> > are based on gcc-2.9x?
>
> use only gcc-2.95.
>
> > I have a C++ library. And I wan't to create debs for g++.2.9x and
> > g++-3.0. Technically this is no problem.

> > Are there any better ideas?
>
> yes, use only one version. Which package does require this setup?

Currently non existing one; But I'll create a package of an application
that won't compile with gcc-2.95. Patching the package will be very
difficult.

The alternative will be packing all required libraries of this package
into this package too.

Or maybe creating a package bar-shared which contains all required
libraries and the package bar will then depend on the shared package.

The third possibility is linking these libraries statically.

Which method would you suggest?

--
"Da Gandalfs Kopf jetzt heilig ist, laßt uns einen anderen finden,
den zu spalten richtig ist!"