Re: Rsyncable GZIP (was Re: Package metadata server)

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 08:16:28PM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
> What amazes me is that nobody is able or willing to provide any
> figures. So I guess no provider of an rsync server is interested in
> this subject and therefore it can't be a big problem.

It is a problem on cdimage.d.o, which is also ftp.uk.d.o. A single CD
image rsync means a load of 1 for >10 minutes, and once 5 people or so
rsync in parallel, the machine gets quite sluggish.

Using rsync just for the Packages file would probably work, but forget
about also using it for the packages.

Cheers,

  Richard

--