Re: [2002-04-06] Release Status Update

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 10:24:34PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> 	* gs-common's license issues need to be resolved

Just to keep people from wasting their time to fix this: My local
gs-common edition has the following changes:

  * debian/control: Add dependency on gsfonts. Rationale: gs is quite
    useless to most people without the fonts and in comparison to the
    gs package they are not really that big. If you really don't want
    them to be installed, please use the equivs package to tell dpkg
    that a missing gsfonts package is okay.
    + libdb2 should build with this change as it was only missing the
      gsfonts build dependency (closes: #126475)
    + Follows the request by Tim Hull to pull gsfonts with gs
      (closes: #65594)
  * Acknowledge the NMU by LaMont Jones (closes: #133902).
  * debian/control: Clean up some obsolete stuff:
    + Does not conflict with gs_x, gs_svga, gs_both anymore. Those
      packages are long gone now and the package names violate policy
      (closes: #137430).
  * scripts/*: Copy those scripts from the gs source package instead of
    gs-aladdin as we want gs-common in main (closes: #141206).
  * scripts/dvipdf: Add from the gs source (closes: #117442).
  * man/*: Copy from gs source.
  * debian/links: Install symlinks for the manpages of ps2pdf1[234]
    which are documented in the ps2pdf manpage.
  * debian/rules: Run dh_installmanpages to get the stuff those
    installed (closes: #116144).
  * debian/copyright: Add (lintian).

There are only a few minor things I want to sort out before uploading
and I guess this is my last chance to fix something :) Basically I
want to get rid of the debconf support in gs-common since the only
question asked does not make any sense to me (was brought in by the
defoma patch by Yasuhiro Take) and therefore I am going to eliminate
that.

That question selects if you want defoma to substitute unavailable
printer fonts when displaying Postscript files. I am going to turn
that off for now. I don't think we really need it for woody.

Thanks

	Torsten